Thursday 16 February 2012

Presentation Evening

Congrats to all the award recipients tonight~

MP and I, being Vice-captains had to do the sorting of awards and handing of them to teachers. Surprisingly tricky, because a lot of the trophies are what they call Perpetual Trophies (or PT) and after a photo is taken with them they must be put back on the table for display. MP and I had to spend Period 6, lunch, and both period 7 and 8 just the in hall trying to get everything sorted, and running back and forth from the front office to the gym. That means I missed out on going to the forum today at lunch, but oh well :( Next week!

I was really worried about fainting/getting a nosebleed on stage because we have to stand up for like 2 straight hours, keep our thick blazers on the whole time under the GLARING HOT LIGHTS (really really hot) and last year CQ fainted or something and I'm very sensitive to heat so I was a little afraid but yay nothing bad except it was BOILING haha and we were so sweaty and we drank like 3 bottles of water (hidden under the award table, THANKS NC) between just me and MP.

Tonight I got to see some ex-year12s I miss so much; being HK, II, AA, etc :) YAy! I'm so happy for them because it seems all is going well, they've worked out what uni course etc etc. It's funny to think that in just one year I will be at another Presentation Night in non-school uniform, hugging some current year 11s I know and telling them what I will be doing in uni. Wow.

And esp. IW, he has come such a long way, hoping he gets into Yale/Harvard/the other foreign colleges he applied to :)

Uni, uni, uni....seems like so far away but I guess really it isn't at all. I really gotta stop procrastinating. PS tonight told me, MP and NA that 'procrastination is the biggest time killer' and if we're procrastinating, stop and just go take a break because procrastinating is neither a break nor studying so it's B-A-D. Solid advice!

Love: Michelle

I FINALLY paid my school fees and got my diary!

ROFL I HATE the photo they chose of us 6 so I'm a little too embarrassed to use it at school ROFL cos I feel like cringing when I see it. I should have taken my scarf off LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment