Tuesday 21 February 2012

I am 16 going on 17

Do you guys recognise that song? The Sound of Music!! :) :) I LOVE that musical :D

This is the last day I can ever sing that song :)

I can remember the first time I watched The Sound of Music I was around 8? And I remember thinking wowwww 17 is so old I can't imagine ever being 17!!

17. A nice solid age I think, just in between the 'landmarks' of 16 and 18.



A quote from Zayn Malik of One Direction (LOL he's my favourite member): "It's weird to see how much you could fit into a year. How much stuff you can do and how different your life can become."

This time last year...hmm I can remember it exactly and I must say I can't believe how much I've changed since I turned 16. I feel that I have become so much more mature, made new friends and become closer to God.

Yay yay! 16 was such a great, irreplaceable year and I can't wait to turn 17 and see what exciting, exciting adventures this new chapter in my life will bring!

Hmm this time next year, I would have made a decision about what course to do in uni, I would be preparing to go to said uni and I would hvae put all the horrid HSC way past me :) But as for now, it still looms ahead so still gotta keep working hard! :)

Hmm I think I will put up a small list of memorable things I did when I was Sweet Sixteen for old time's sake and so when I read back on my blog I can relive these moments :)

  • I had my first birthday party since I was in Year 2 or 3 :) I remember planning for it for weeks lol and then I was late to my own party haha and I thought it wasn't going to go to plan at all but it turned out more memorable and better than I expected! Haha yay another post about 'expecting the unexpected'
  • I went to KYCK for the first time. Awesome experience, I still remember the feeling of enlightenment on the last night when we were all singing/screaming out the words to 'One Way Jesus' and we had our arms around strangers and we were all doing that hilarious can-can dance for some reason (remember BT? LOL) and I almost cried :') And being savages and prank-calling HZ hahaha singing 'Friday' by Rebecca Black but AM accidentally sang it to the tune of 'Baby' LOL
  • I had my first summer where I spent the entirety of it in Australia and not a couple of weeks overseas. Weather was rather wet, but it was an awesome summer :)
  • I attended my first high school formal! The semi-formal was so much fun even though it rained a little
  • I got another dog, Biscuit :) I thought after Lucky I would never have the capacity to love another dog ever again but since I've gotten Biscuit I realised we have enough space in our hearts for lots of things
  • I went 'adventure-landing' where I would visit new places I'd never been before like Glebe etc. I also temporarily got into thrifting haha but I think that urge has stopped now
  • I made a Pen Pal :) her name is also Michelle and she lives in Canada
  • I created this blog
That's about all I can think of right now, but I missed out on the little daybyday moments too like making new friends, spending time with old friends, enjoying school, organising events etc :D

Woo excited for tomorrow! I wonder if I'll wake up feeling older haha

Love: Michelle

P.S. My aunt came over on the weekend and gave me my first birthday pressie!



She got it from Swarovski, one of my favourite shops haha :)


A crystal piggy! So cute! :) I will put it on my desk :D

Also, currently reading this:

Thank you GZ for lending it to me! Hoping it'll help me with Ext English :) It's pretty hard to read...lots of the words are slang so sometimes it feels like the book is in a different language LOL but I will endeavour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment