Saturday 21 January 2012

Haus Party and Chinese New Years Eve

Hello guys! Happy Chinese New Years Eve!

As if customary with my family every year, we had a MASSIVE spring clean today.

I was in charge of cleaning the downstairs tiled floor :) Whilst usually that involves mopping the floor maybe twice, since today was such a special day it involved MOAR EFFORT!

This is the method:
1. Mop the whole floor
2. Using tile cleaner powder put some powder on each tile and scrub each one with one of those hand-held scrubbing brushes until it shines
3. Mop the floor again
4. Using a rag (my old pyjamas lol that my mum cut into a rag) shine each tile

Phew! Took me almost 2 hours and halfway through my mum was mopping the stairs then she said she'd help me and then knocked the bucket of dirty water over the tiles I'd just scrubbed. *Cry* Had to redo those lol.

But SERIOUSLY after all that effort the floor SHINED! I swear you could see reflections of everything in it and light dancing-it was just like those cartoon moments when they clean the house and it looks like this:


HAHA Pride-over-9000 :P This is me:


ROFL DOMESTIC DIVA! HAHA jks as if I look so chic when I clean. I was in my pjs LOL crouching on the floor for like an hour just scrubbing and I forgot to tie my hair up and since I was wearing gloves I didn't want to touch my hair so I kept trying to flick it off my neck and face by doing some weird I-whip-my-hair-esque thing.

Since I've been cleaning so much I've compiled a list to aid anyone else on a Intensive Cleaning Session:

Michelle's Top Tips on How to Make Cleaning Fun
-Listen to music. I like to put my iPad on a table and listen that way :D
-Pretend you're Cinderella. I did this ALL THE TIME when I was younger and cleaning the house. In fact I did it even when I wasn't cleaning LOL.
-Think of it as training. Okay if AM is reading this she will be most upset with this tip but it helps me when I'm cleaning; I think since I'm going to married someday (hopefully ROFL or maybe /foreveralonewithcats) I'll be cleaning a lot so it's good preparation for future times, no?

Yesterday, GZ, AM and RC visited my humble abode :) I have this 7 piece fondue set

I got it for Christmas 2 years ago and I've only used it once so I dug it out of my closet and we had fondue :D


After a while the fondue got really sweet so GZ and RC (who doesn't like chocolate or cream so the fondue was kinda a not his type kinda thing lol) had roasted marshmallows


                                               Looks like a comet or something
                                                              This one's on fire

Moments of the day:

-When AM got to my house and saw Chloe (RC brought her dog) in my backyard (remember Chloe?)
                                                                    Dis dawg

and thought Chloe was Biscuit (she really hasn't been to my house in a long time...) LOL

                                                                       Dis be Biscuit

AM: OMGGGGGG IS THAT BISCUIT?????????? SHE'S SO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

(haha)

-Dis game

RC is sooooo good at this game.

-"I guess you can kinda see the resemblance." "Is it my glasses?" ROFL

Also funny story, I was making jelly cups on Thursday (3 layers with different flavours: blueberry, grape and mango) for my guests yesterday and on the counter my sister had opened a packet of those all natural dinosaurs and I decided to be creative and put a dinosaur in each jelly cup.
I was so proud of myself when my sister came home from a party she was at I told her what I had done and she was like "What???? Why? They're really absorbent and they'll taste really soggy and bad!!"
Turns out how she knew this was cause sometimes at parties and stuff her friends soak gummy lollies like dinosaurs and gummy bears in alcohol overnight and since it's so absorbent it soaks up all the alcohol and when they eat the lolly the next day it's like a shot or something ROFL the stuff I learn from my sister.

Another thing I learnt was that (my sis was talking with her friends that had driven themselves over) this other guy was really drunk and saw this bottle on a table and thought it was alcohol and drank it. Turns out it was table cleaner. He promptly spewed everywhere apparently. HAHA oh man these uni kids.

Love: Michelle

Hope you guys have a safe and happy Chinese New Year!

P.S. Today I went to Parra to buy stuff for muck-up photo day. These are the items I bought: 2 blue shirts, yellow material. If you can guess what I'm going as from this WOW I would be impressed but for those people that already know shhhhh keep it a secret until the actual day of muckup haha (I bet heaps of people would already know by then lol but I want to have the pleasure of people trying to guess what I am before I tell them :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment