Tuesday 24 January 2012

Chinese New Year and that back to school season

Hey guys! Hope you all had a prosperous and wonderful Chinese New Year!! On Sunday night I went out for dinner with my family, my cousins family, my family friend Issie's family and her cousin's family. Phew that's a lot of people!

We went to the restaurant in Parramatta, Prince and it was crowded! We had lobster and fish and so much nice food :)

                                                         Such nice lobster!!!!!!

We all got red pockets to tie onto red strings into holes in the ceilings so when the dragons came around they would come by our tables and 'eat' the red pockets :)



When the dragons came around everyone got so excited in the restaurant and there were cameras everywhere and people standing on chairs etc and the noise from the drums and cymbals following the dragons were deafening! It was such an exciting atmosphere! :D

                                                           Blurry pic of the dragons
 I remember one time when I was younger maybe 2or 3 years ago I went out to Yum Cha for Chinese New Year that year and when the dragon came around it came towards me and then the guys inside the dragon costume leaned over me do I was inside the costume and I saw one of them grab my tea and drink it LOL. He must have been really thirsty. My mum was really excited cos she said that meant extra good luck :) touching the dragons tail is also considered good luck so everyone in the restaurant was touching the dragons tail :D

ALSO this was sooo exciting!! The restaurant had this prize giveaway and they were randomly pulling out numbers out of a hat and the table that had that number got a prize eg if you were sitting on table 22 and they called out 22 you got a prize. I was talking to my sister like omg wouldnt it be cool if we won a prize??? And then they were calling out the last number and the host was like the last number is forty..... FIVE and WE WERE TABLE NUMBER 45!!!!!

He was calling out the numbers in mandarin and I can't understand mandarin so at first I didn't know what he said then everyone at my table started screaming and I was like WE WON??????? OMG WE WON!!! And we started jumping up and down and my sister started laughing cos apparently I was so happy there were tears in my eyes LOL.

The prize was a red empty suitcase and my aunt got to keep it :) haha our whole table was just going crazy and the tables next to us we're like....haha they were were probably jealous hehe :3

Okay but after a while I was less excited cos we realized they rigged the prize giving ROFL so we're not actually particularly lucky, it's cos we're really good friends with the manager and we had given him a red pocket before we started eating and after we won he came around to our table and took photos with us and gave us all conspiratorial winks like ;) and he kept saying stuff like 'My favorite customers' and when he was saying 'Forty....' I realised all our parents has been shouting FIVE!!! And putting up five fingers like they were giving high fives and we were right in his line of sight ROFL so yeah not luck just connections. Like the triads LOL.

Oh well still exciting stuff :)

On actual Chinese new year I went out with my family to eat and it was nice family time :)

How did you guys spend yours? Also I have been wanting to write this post since 2 days ago but as you can see there are no pictures today in my post which is unusual for me and this is cos my computer hasn't been working for a while so I'm writing this only my iPad at the moment. I'll probably add in cool pics later :)

Also my SCUMBAG POOL! Lol it was soooo dirty and green on Friday when friends came over and 3 days later on Monday it turned completely blue and clear. It looks sooo clean and nice :) pool party before school starts? Lol.

Comparison: THEN


NOW



Love: Michelle

P.S. Recently I've been getting into Polaroid cameras. I've always really liked them so I've tried doing so research online about how they work, cost, film etc but I'm quite noobish at it so I called on my pal JJ, the most informed and best photographer I know, for some advice. I await his knowledge, and any you readers might have :D I'd quite like to have one for 2012 and the last 3 terms of HIGH SCHOOL LIFE! :) starting off with a new camera would be lovely to capture those memories :')

EDIT: Hallelujah my computer is working again!! Pics are up now to accompany blog posts :) Personally I love the addition of photographs to posts, it adds a break to the text and adds atmosphere :D

No comments:

Post a Comment