Sunday 1 January 2012

2012

Welcome to 2012!!


I think I already learnt an important lesson in this first day of the new year (and it's only 1:34am haha): Expect the unexpected (In the wise words of B.Tan)

You see, yesterday night if you had asked me what I was doing for NYE I would have told you I would be watching the movie 'New Years Eve' and then catching a train to North Sydney with my family as we had booked two hotel rooms in Harbourside to enjoy the splendour of the fireworks.

Well.

I missed that train to North Sydney and my family were forced to leave me behind.

Instead, as I forgot my house keys, I triapsed to my aunt's house in North Parramatta (GZ-further proof that she is a superhero HAHA) where I spent the next 4 hours until midnight in virtual solitude watching the TV (as my aunt, my cousin and my uncle had all fallen asleep by 8:30 on account of the fact that they had been working all day and were really tired).
At first I was pretty disappointed (especially after my sister called and was raving about the floor to ceiling windows and how they set up chairs for everybody to sit and watch the fireworks, and how they even got wristbands to walk around the Harbourside area cos apparently it was really exclusive and how one chair was left empty for me) because I was really looking forward to it BUT the time alone really gave me time to reflect on the past year and the lessons and memories I will never forget.

And hey it was still an awesome day because I
-Got to see my dear pals BT, AG, RC and GZ briefly today and got to watch an amazing movie with BT and AG as well.
[I stole this photo from CrysBea chicken HAHA cos I couldn't be bothered to take a photo of my ticket which was H-7 btw]
-Reread Malcolm in the Middle at my aunts house (which is a hilarious series btw)
-Made my first New Years Resolution: Watch the fireworks NEXT New Years Eve, Whether with family or friends, and in a hotel room or in the ground [NOT ON TV], I shall STRIVE to achieve this HAHA I have actually never once went out on New Years with friends and only once (when I was about 5) watched the fireworks in the city with my family so I have yet to experience this 'partying' on New Years everybody talks about :)
-And call this fate or MAGIC but when it was getting closer to 12 and I was all alone, I was getting a little scared I wouldn't be able to ring in the new year with anyone because my mum told me they were still in the city but at exactly 12:00, my aunt's doorbell rang and my family was outside waiting there screaming HAPPY NEW YEAR and then my uncle and my aunt woke up and celebrated too and there were many hugs and kisses which was nice :') So I didn't spent it alone afterall :D

Also this was the first New Years I have ever gotten so many calls and text messages wishing me Happy New Year and wanting to reminisce about 2011 and telling me about their night and whatnot so thank you for everybody's wishes :D

To end this post here is a quote from 'New Years Eve': Although there are things beyond our control (such as natural disasters) we can always control our personal attitudes so this year be kinder, forgive more and LOVE more because love drives the world.

Here's to hoping 2012 will bring trials (literally as well....can't be forgetting them TESTS), triumphs, transitions, trends, tempestuous times and terrific times and everything in between.

Love: Michelle

Update: Here are some photos that my parents snapped at Harbourview yesterday and I decided to slot them into this entry as it seems fitting :)

It's summer right not in Sydney and the days are long so even when my parents and my sister got to North Sydney at 8:40 ish, the sky was still so nice and light outside :)

Some fireworks in the far-off distance
Some fireworks in the not-so-far-off-distance



No comments:

Post a Comment