Friday 27 January 2012

Prefect Video and a Chance Encounter

Hello! Today was a rainy day but our filming went ahead-we even did a co-ordinated dance in the rain! Woo so proud of Prefects '12, we make a great team and today was great fun :) Still got all those songs stuck in my head. Can't wait to spend 2012 with you all!

As fellow blogger HappyApple said, there's a surprise waiting at school. Actually it's not a surprise any more cos DD put up a pic on facebook earlier this morning, if you haven't seen it yet here it is...



Yup the school's purple. I kept changing my mind throughout the day about my opinion about it (and cos we were at school from 9-4ish I had a lot of opportunity to see it and think about it). Currently, I think it's nice. This is subject to change and I may decide randomly again later that it looks horrible and clashes with the green (which it kinda does)

I'll leave you guys to formulate your own opinions about it when school resumes on Monday. I think we'll all grow to like it rather. It's kinda endearing.

Ooh we also saw the new Year 12 study room today!! It's nice (kinda looks like the exam centre but much smaller ofc) and has a freezer, fridge, microwave, the works :D When we all saw the freezer we were like OMG ICE-CREAM IN SUMMER!! Haha not like it's been that hot lately for copious amounts of iced goods but still.

Ooh we were also the first people eevr to use the microwave! We used it to reheat a double cheeseburger :D VB, who can drive, drove to Maccas and got us all lunch (20 double cheeseburgers, a couple happymeals etc) and we were all sick of cheeseburgers after. HH ate 3 of them. We had to try and force people to take them home.

After all that filming a couple of us went to towers, some (like BL and VS to buy their muck-up stuff, others like GZ to study) and I went cos I was meeting my mum there :) She bought me some clothes:

-some high-waisted blue shorts with a belt
-some khaki skinny pants with gold zippers (lol khaki will forever remind me of AM)

Anyway as I was walking in Castle Mall with my mum, I had a CHANCE ENCOUNTER:

Random Woman looks excited and starts waving at me (will call her RW)
RW: Hi!!
Me: *waves back to be polite* Hi?
RW: Do you remember me?
Me: Sorry I don't think I do
RW: One time last year it was raining and we were standing at the traffic lights about to cross the street to the bus station and you shielded me with your umbrella!
Me: OH!!!

I remembered everything after that :) We were both at the traffic lights outside Castle Mall about to walk to the Bus Shelter place and it was raining pretty hard and I had an umbrella and she didn't so I moved closer and shielded her from the rain and when we got to bus shelter whilst waiting for our bus we had a lovely conversation together :)

Fancy her remembering!! I mean that happened over 2 months ago! I didn't even recognise her~

Me and the woman then had a lovely conversation about the wet weather Sydney has been having, then we had to depart. Such a lovely coincidence though, if I ever see her again I will ask for her name. Just goes to show how, although you may deem actions you have done as hardly significant or easily forgotten, they may have a greater impact on others than you think :D

I was so smiley and happy after that encounter. I encourage you all to talk to strangers more! I find that public transport/public transport waiting places eg stops and staions are ideal to strike up conversations. Stop thinking about the hustle or bustle of your life, put that phone/ipod/earphones away and get conversating (probably a made-up word lol)! Who knows maybe one day you'll meet them again randomly, and hey if you guys even become close friends you have a killer how-we-met story :P

Love: Michelle

P.S. Also after talking to RW, I remembered that I left my umbrella at school. Hoping it's still there on Monday! ><

3 comments:

  1. i think i will like the purple. was there an oven in the study room? i want spontaneously bake cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think there was an oven, that might be an OH and S issue buttttt there's a microwave oven which = 5 minute chocolate lava cakes and microwave brownies etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! HAHA we will make do with microwaves and RICE COOKERS duh!
    HAHAHH lets do this (:

    ReplyDelete